HOW TO SHOP WITH SHEEP & SHAWL
In December, the shop will be open for walk-in customers on Fri., Sat., and Sun. from 1:00 – 5:00, 2 customers at a time (including from the same household). You must wear a mask, sanitize your hands upon entry, and sign in with your name, phone #, or email. Please try to limit your visit to 30 minutes, especially if anyone is waiting outside. Please use Etsy or curbside pickup (via phone or email) the rest of the week (no private appointments). Liz works alone, including restocking the shop, relisting on Etsy, and filling orders and answering questions from both shops.
- Holiday Hours:
- Closed Thanksgiving, open that Fri – Sun
- Closed December 25 – 31 for vacation & Inventory
Liz is listing more items on Etsy weekly and still filling your orders by:
- phone – 413-397-3680 – and
- email – email@example.com
- with curbside pickup or mail delivery
- The Etsy shop – sheepandshawl.etsy.com – allows you to see actual colors and quantities of yarns (books, magazines, buttons) that I’ve been able to list online (much quicker than a phone call if you don’t need advice or items not yet on Etsy). See the new web page in the menu above – “What’s on Etsy” – to see what I’ve added. If you want to pick up your Etsy order, just message me in your order and I’ll refund your shipping costs and set up a pickup time with you. (Etsy does not have a “pickup in shop” option.)
- Walk-in shopping OR private appointments in the shop!
You’re welcome to come in and just browse, but if you know what you’re looking for please let me know (it will be helpful to also bring your pattern if you need yarn for it).
I have re-opened with extra precautions and protection for customers and for myself. (I am the only staff person now.) I clean the shop regularly, following Massachusetts Covid-19 Control guidelines.
I have streamlined the shop for easier browsing. I am happy to take special orders for the yarn you need if I do not have enough in stock. I will wind yarn during your visit if possible, or you may leave it and pick it up later.
WHEN YOU ENTER THE SHOP
- Wear your mask (bring your own). Masks are required, covering nose and mouth, in order to be in the shop. (Liz wears one too.)
- Stop and sanitize your hands upon entering the shop. There will be a clean bottle for each customer to use. I spray the bottle after use, and as extra precaution, set the used bottle in the back room for a few days, rotating a clean bottle to the front in its place.
- Sign in with your name, phone #, and email.
- Please take a shopping basket for your purchases. This avoids you holding items, and will be set on the counter for me to check you out. I offer a clean basket for each customer, disinfecting them between use, rotating clean ones from the back.
- You may use your reusable bags (from your home or car) for your purchases.
GUIDELINES WHILE YOU’RE IN THE SHOP
- Please maintain a 6-ft distance between yourself and anyone else in the shop, including Liz. I’ve also added a Plexiglas shield at the counter.
- I encourage you to browse with your eyes first and handle fewer items than you were used to before Covid-19. Please do not hold yarn up to your neck or face.
- I don’t believe you need to wear gloves when handling yarn, but you may choose to do so.
- Please take a pair of disposable gloves and wear them when handling books, patterns, notions – any hard surface items. I encourage you to look at books and patterns and notions. I just want to make everyone feel safe, and I won’t have to clean those surfaces between customers if you wear new gloves.
- I can help you find the yarn or pattern you need. I need to be mindful of all shop inventory that is also on Etsy, and immediately remove any items purchased in the shop from the Etsy listing in order to keep that straight and not have two people try to buy the same skein at the same time. I do still have “back stock,” so please ask if you need more than the quantity you see on the shelves.
- Charge card, check, and cash are accepted at this time. Thank you!
- For single items on display (that used to be in all those baskets of little notions and gifts) I am keeping clean items behind the counter. Just ask if you’d like one.
- I am not able to provide personal assistance for knitting help (fixing mistakes, interpreting patterns, other close-up work). But we can talk about it and I can recommend video teaching resources – see our web page “Best Knitting Tips” at www.sheepandshawl.com/tutorials/
- Consignment clothing articles (hand knit, crochet, woven, or dyed silk scarves, shawls, hats, mittens) that are usually tried on will only be available to purchase “by sight.” You may not try these on, except for mittens when wearing the disposable gloves. No returns at this time.
- Most shop samples have been removed from the shelves. If you’d like to see one of the many shop samples made in our yarns, please ask – I’ll keep some behind the counter, and hang some up high for inspiration.
- I am cleaning doorknobs, sanitizing bottles, table & counter tops, chairs, pens, and other hard surfaces regularly.
- I would prefer you not use the bathroom during your visit. However, if necessary, I will sanitize the bathroom before and after any use.
Please do not visit the shop if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, chest tightness, loss of smell or taste – or if you’ve been in contact with anyone with these symptoms within the last 14 days.
Outdoor Crafts Circle – We are not offering group circle at this time. See you in the Spring!
Outdoor Classes – We are not offering classes at this time.