Welcome to the website for Sheep & Shawl online yarn shop on Etsy: sheepandshawl.etsy.com
I stand with Ukraine. May peace be found soon and may those fleeing and defending themselves in the face of war find protection and be reunited with their families and friends. Donate to the organization of your choice – here is a list to consider if you’re not sure where to give: https://give.org/news/wise-giving-wednesday-tips-on-donations-to-assist-ukraine-relief-efforts . Thank you. 🇺🇦
GOODS for SALE
Month of May 20% discount on all Sport weight yarns! “Sport” weight typically uses US 3-5 needles, but can be knit more loosely on larger needles. See the Sale section for all 7 yarn lines in Sport weight: Blue Sky Fibers Skinny Organic Cotton and Baby Alpaca Sport; Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport; Quince Sparrow linen and Willet cotton; Swans Island All American Sport and Ecowash Organic Merino.
Recently added to Etsy:
- Swans Island Yarn, All American Sport, sport weight yarn, US wool, Rambouillet, hand-dye, 185 yds/40 g
- Swans Island Organic Merino Yarn, sport weight and DK weight, hand-dyed, Ecowash treatment, limited quantities, gentle machine wash or hand wash, dry flat
- Brown Sheep Nature Spun sport weight yarn by Brown Sheep, 3-ply, great for colorwork, U.S. grown and spun all wool yarn, 184yd/50g, 6st/in, US 5 needle
- Shepherd’s Wool worsted weight merino yarn, made in Michigan by Stonehedge Fibermill, a soft yarn with great stitch definition for lace, cables, and knit-purl patterns. One of our “go-to” workhorse yarns in the store.
- Gradient, by Schoppel-Wolle, is a soft and warm single-ply wool yarn that has been barely felted. It uses long gradual color changes, so no two balls of yarn are exactly alike. Although the yarn band says it is “DK” weight, I’ve mostly used it as worsted weight, and it fulls into a beautiful fabric.
- Alpaca Elegance by Green Mountain Spinnery, is a lovely half-alpaca, half-wool DK-weight yarn, spun in Vermont from US sheep and alpaca.
- Jamie Harmon’s Rainbow Yarn in naturally dyed solid colors, DK weight merino/angora/alpaca
- Peace Fleece, by Harrisville Designs, DK weight wool-mohair yarn, US grown & spun
- Scout, by Kelbourne Woolens, 100% wool yarn, DK weight, in heathered colors
Scroll down on this page to see yarn photos from the store – there are still a few that need to be added to Etsy.
Yarn, patterns, books, needles & notions, buttons, and accessories are all available. Although much of the shop’s inventory is listed on Etsy, there is still more to be photographed and listed! Check there every week to see new listings, or please contact me to place a custom order. The Sheep & Shawl brick and mortar shop is closed. Thank you all for a great 7.5 years! Please use the “Contact Us” link in the right-hand column or email email@example.com with any questions.
CLASSES and EVENTS
1) Knit & Crafts Circle at Tilton Library in South Deerfield, begins on Thursdays, March 22, 10:00 – 12:00 noon Seats are now filled. (You must be registered as seats are limited.)
Email me (or use the “Contact Us” link above) if you’d like to be put on the waiting list to see if any seats are available on a weekly basis.
If you’d like to be notified when we begin our outdoor under the trees group in warmer weather (no seat limits outdoors – bring your own chair!).
2) Liz’s Knitting Classes at Hill Institute – 83 Pine St, Florence, MA. My mixed-skill-level knitting classes for beginners thru advanced knitters, are filled. Tuesday nights, 5:00 – 7:00, Feb 1 – Apr 12, Wednesday mornings, 10:00 – 12:00, Feb 2 – Apr 13.
The next session will be in the Fall 2022. The list of all classes is on the Hill Institute website.
Please consider attending Hill Institute’s Annual Exhibition of all class projects (multiple crafts) on Friday, June 3, 5:30 – 8 pm, and Sat., June 4, 9:30 am – 12:30.
See the EVENTS page (menu tab above) for a listing of current fiber events!
YARNS & THINGS
To remind you of some of the yarns and other items when they were in the shop, here’s a gallery you can click and browse. Many are not yet on Etsy, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.