HOW TO SHOP WITH SHEEP & SHAWL
The shop is open by appointment, only 12 appointments/week. Half-hour appointments for one person at a time (or two from the same household), spaced half hour apart between 1:00 and 4:30 on Wed., Fri., & Sat. See more detailed information below. Please call 413-397-3680 to schedule your appointment or ** click here ** to use our easy online scheduling calendar.
Liz is listing more items on Etsy daily and still filling your orders by:
- phone – 413-397-3680 – and
- email – email@example.com
- with curbside pickup or mail delivery
- The Etsy shop – sheepandshawl.etsy.com – allows you to see actual colors and quantities of yarns (books, magazines, buttons) that we’ve been able to list online (much quicker than a phone call if you don’t need advice or items not yet on Etsy). See the new web page in the menu above – “What’s on Etsy” – to see what I’ve added. If you want to pick up your Etsy order, just message Liz in your order and I’ll refund your shipping costs and set up a pickup time with you. (Etsy does not have a “pickup in shop” option.)
- And now – shopping by private appointment in the shop!
PRIVATE APPOINTMENT SHOPPING
The shop will only be open for half-hour appointments for one person at a time (or two from the same household), spaced half hour apart for cleaning and shop work in between.
- Wednesdays at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00
- Fridays at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00
- Saturdays at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00
You’re welcome to come in and just browse, but if you know what you’re looking for please let me know (it will be helpful to also bring your pattern if you need yarn for it).
I have re-opened with extra precautions and protection for customers and for myself. (I am the only staff person now.) I clean the shop regularly, following Massachusetts Covid-19 Control guidelines.
I have streamlined the shop for easier browsing. I am happy to take special orders for the yarn you need if I do not have enough in stock. I will wind yarn during your half-hour visit, or you may leave it and pick up later.
WHEN YOU ENTER THE SHOP
- Wear your mask (bring your own). Masks are required, covering nose and mouth, to be in the shop. (Liz wears one too.)
- Stop and sanitize your hands upon entering the shop. There will be a clean bottle for each customer to use. I spray the bottle after use, and as extra precaution, set the used bottle in the back room for a few days, rotating a clean bottle to the front in its place.
- Please take a shopping basket for your purchases. This avoids you holding items, and will be set on the counter for me to check you out. I offer a clean basket for each customer, disinfecting them between use, rotating clean ones from the back.
- You may use your reusable bags (from your home or car) for your purchases.
GUIDELINES WHILE YOU’RE IN THE SHOP
- Please maintain a 6-ft distance between yourself and anyone else in the shop, including Liz. I’ve also added a Plexiglas shield at the counter.
- I encourage you to browse with your eyes first and handle fewer items than you were used to before Covid-19. Please do not hold yarn up to your neck or face.
- I don’t believe you need to wear gloves when handling yarn, but you may choose to do so.
- Please take a pair of gloves and wear them when handling books, patterns, notions – any hard surface items. I encourage you to look at books and patterns and notions. I just want to make everyone feel safe, and I won’t have to clean those surfaces between customers if you wear new gloves.
- I can help you find the yarn or pattern you need. I need to be mindful of all shop inventory that is also on Etsy, and immediately remove any items purchased in the shop from the Etsy listing in order to keep that straight and not have two people try to buy the same skein at the same time. I do still have “back stock,” so please ask if you need more than the quantity you see on the shelves.
- I prefer credit or debit card at this time. I will also accept check or cash, but it creates more contact for disinfecting.
- I’ve reorganized the shop to make it more spacious, easier to browse, and less “handling.” For single items on display (that used to be in all those baskets of little notions and gifts) I am keeping clean items behind the counter. Just ask if you’d like one.
- I am not able to provide personal assistance for knitting help (fixing mistakes, interpreting patterns, other close-up work). But we can talk about it and I can recommend video teaching resources – see our web page “Best Knitting Tips” at www.sheepandshawl.com/tutorials/
- I’ve removed all consignment clothing articles that are usually tried on as well as shop samples from the shelves. If you’d like to see one of the many shop samples made in our yarns, please ask – I’ll keep some behind the counter, and hang some up high for inspiration.
- I am cleaning doorknobs, sanitizing bottles, table & counter tops, chairs, pens, and other hard surfaces between each customer.
- I would prefer you not use the bathroom during your half-hour visit. However, if necessary, I will sanitize the bathroom before and after any use.
Please reschedule if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, chest tightness, loss of smell or taste – or if you’ve been in contact with anyone with these symptoms within the last 14 days.
Outdoor Crafts Circle in the shop’s backyard on Wednesday mornings from 10 – 11. Just one hour (ish) – no bathroom available. You must bring your own mask & chair, snacks, water, hat, sunglasses, crafts of your choosing. We will sit 6 – 10 feet apart. Rain date if we need it will be Friday, 10 – 11. We now have two tents for shade!
Outdoor Classes – We are considering this option for classes for 3 students (6 feet apart) under a tent in our back yard. Please let us know your thoughts and whether you think this is a good idea.