Although the Governor has mandated all non-essential shops be closed to the public, Liz is working limited hours Tue – Sat 10 – 4 to answer your emails and phone calls and to prepare orders for you. Please call 413-397-3680 to place a phone order to be picked up curbside or mailed to you, or to get free knitting advice over the phone. Please read more below. Keep hope alive and keep on knitting.
Sheep & Shawl Covid19 Shop Plan
Dear customers and friends of Sheep & Shawl, – updated 3/24/20 –
As of Tuesday 3/24 we are temporarily closing the shop to walk-in customers. Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon. The health and safety of us all is our main concern. Please stay in contact with the shop:
413-397-3680; email@example.com; or use “Contact Us” on our website at www.sheepandshawl.com
We sincerely appreciate your support and friendship. Here’s how we would like to continue to provide you with your craft supplies & gifts, stay in contact with you, and give you a few suggestions for your further support of the shop:
- We are taking phone and email orders for either curbside pickup or for postal mailing, 10 – 4 Tue – Sat. Yarn, books, patterns, notions & needles, bags, accessories, toys, children’s books, hand-crafted scarves, shawls, blankets, children’s sweaters & baby blankets, hats, mittens, slippers, kitchen towels – ask us for more info!
- We are happy to sell you gift certificates and either mail them to you or someone you designate, or hold them at the shop until you can use them in the future. They are good for future classes as well as supplies.
- We provide phone consultation for shopping questions and for knitting advice (yes we can help you read a pattern over the phone!).
- We are available for FaceTime sessions to show you products in our shop remotely if that is something that you need. Or we can send you photos by email. 10 – 4 Tue – Sat
- We will post favorite patterns, kits to purchase, and more news on the website, Instagram, & Facebook, as well as through e-newsletters.
- However, this all takes time and Liz is the only one working. Please be patient and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. An email may be more efficient than a phone message.
I am certainly looking forward to classes & gatherings in the future! Maintain your community contacts as best you can, texting, emailing, phoning. For now, stay home, knit, and stay well friends. Be kind to everyone. Yours, Liz
Welcome to Sheep & Shawl’s website. When you visit us at Sheep & Shawl know that we are here to help you with your knitting, yarn, or pattern questions. We love to see what you have created with our yarn! All of our staff are experienced knitters – some are also weavers, spinners, or crocheters – and we give you personal attention. We also showcase local yarns and local fiber artists. Let us know if there’s a class you would like to take here that we aren’t already offering. Stay in touch! The contact us “via email” link in the right column will reach us, or you can call us at 413-397-3680.
We host free Wednesday night Crafts Nites from 6 – 8pm. The “regulars” at Crafts Nite are very welcoming to newcomers. There’s always room for more and we have fun! Bring any portable craft you’d like to work on.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Find updates for events and sales here, and our calendar of classes and events on the Community page, but you’ll get more immediate info on our facebook page (don’t forget to like us!), and usually more detailed info via our e-newsletter (you can sign up in the column to the right).
We opened our Local Yarn Shop in western Massachusetts in August 2013, located in the Tibetan Plaza on Rtes 5/10 at 265 Greenfield Rd, South Deerfield. We’re just off I-91 exit 24 N and exit 25 S. See the map for directions. Our hours are Tue. 10 – 6, Wed. 12 – 8, Thur. – Fri. – Sat. 10 – 6, Sun. 12 – 4.
See our latest Class and Event list – and Calendar! – on the Community page. Call 413-397-3680 for more information and to register.
We have regional and Fairtrade yarns, needles, notions, accessories, and local food/gift items. Nearly 50 fiber artists and fiber farmers supply handwoven scarves, rugs, blankets, knitwear, felted items, pottery yarn bowls & mugs, and local roving and yarn. Stop in to take a look! We always have Gift Certificates and make-your-own Gift Baskets. If you’re touring the area, we are just south of Historic Deerfield and the Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory.
Sheep & Shawl’s 48 book suggestions for someone you know: Sheep and Shawl book suggestions
The mission of Sheep & Shawl is to create a market for natural fiber yarns, promoting local and regional fiber farmers and fiber artists, and to create a local community of knitters and fiber artists.
I am so excited to be in this beautiful space within the vibrant Pioneer Valley, where “buy local” is a way of life. I hope you’ll visit my website again and be looking for updates!
– Liz Sorenson, owner