We offer many fiber arts classes, including CROCHETING, FELTING, KNITTING, RUGHOOKING, SPINNING, LOOPING, TATTING, and WEAVING. See teacher bios under the tab for Community above.
See EVENTS & Workshops under the tab above.
SHEEP & SHAWL CLASS SCHEDULE
Click here https://sheepandshawlblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/2017-mar-jun-short-class-schedule.pdf to open the March – June class schedule. Photos and details coming soon! Please check back and call 413-397-3680 for more information.
- Two-color Brioche is 4 sessions and starts Wed. Mar 8 from 6 – 8 pm
- Needle-felted eggs in a Vine Nest is one session, Thur. Mar. 9 from 4 – 6 pm and repeats Sat. Mar. 11 from 1 – 3 pm
- Helping Hands Projects class is 2 sessions and starts Fri. Mar 10 from 4 – 6
- Needle-felted Spring Landscape is one session, Thur. Mar. 16 from 4 – 6 pm and repeats Thur. Mar. 23 from 4 – 6 pm
- Double Knitting (a hat) is a 1-session intro for just technique or 4 sessions to learn to knit a hat, starting Thur. Mar. 16 from 6:30 – 8 pm
- Naalbinding (a cup cozy or wrist warmer) is Sun. Mar 19, one session from 12 – 3 pm
- Two-at-a-Time Toe-up Socks starts Sat. Mar. 25, 4 sessions from 10 – 12 noon
Please call or come in to register. Payment is due with registration. Minimum class size is 3. 413-397-3680 [50% nonrefundable deposit unless class is cancelled or you find a replacement for your place.] 10% off all materials purchased for class projects.
~~ ONGOING ~~
Knit/Crochet/Spin Nite, every Wednesday night, 6 – 8 pm FREE
Come join us for fun and company! Drop in with a knit or crochet project you’re working on or choose a new one. Liz will help with knitting questions. Spinners are also welcome!
Knitting for others: We collect children’s hats and mittens year-round for Greenfield’s Warm the Children.
We encourage donations to Heifer International to buy a fiber animal for an underprivileged family in the world. Drop off some change at the counter or donate quickly and safely online at Sheep & Shawl’s donation page
Learn to Knit Class or Private Knitting Lessons – with Liz Sorenson By appointment only Wednesday mornings 10 – 11:30. Learn to knit in one session and add more sessions to learn more. Private lesson: $30. Bring a friend: $15 per class, class size of 3 or more; or $20 each, class size of 2. Plus materials. Other teachers may be available for private lessons at other times. Please ask.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
>>> If you have suggestions for classes, please let us know.